Property Manager – Bayside Village
The Simon Companies, L.P. seeks an experienced, motivated, and professional Property Manager to organize and conduct the everyday operations of a 111-unit project-base Section 8 Family community in Newport, RI: Bayside Village (www.baysidevillageapts.com). This is a pro-active position that depends on a forward-thinking, leadership mindset.
The successful candidate Must of prior experience as an apartment manager, providing supervision, and oversight of affordable housing (either with Tax Credit or HUD project-based Section 8).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Administer property operations including rentals, collections, payables, maintenance oversight and resident compliance.
- Manage HUD paperwork including vouchers, certifications, EIV and waitlists.
- Develop and maintain a professional relationship with local housing authority.
- Ensure community is a desirable destination for Prospective Residents seeking “rental-by-choice” apartment living.
- Regularly walk the property and perform unit inspections (property-wide 2x per year).
- Cultivate a team working environment to achieve goals
Required Experience / Skills:
- 2+ years of Affordable Property Management experience.
- Working knowledge of RealPage/OneSite, Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Demonstrated career progression/successful track-record of achieving desired results.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks/projects with short and long-term goals.
- Proactive leadership style.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Bilingual in Spanish/English is a PLUS.
Job Type: Full-time
The Simon Companies is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to workforce diversity. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, and other legally protected characteristics. If you require a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please e-mail our Human Resources team and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.