The Simon Companies and its team of seasoned professionals continues to be a leader in the acquisition, development, and management of multifamily and commercial real estate throughout New England. Founded in 1966 and based south of Boston, Massachusetts, The Simon Companies remains a family owned and directed company with a focus towards the future.
Over the past five decades, we successfully developed commercial and office properties, garden and high-rise apartment complexes, and condominiums in partnership with investors, contractors, and financial institutions. With over 75 employees, a highly experienced and reputable Executive Team, an always-evolving technology platform, and a sincere appreciation for quality and value, we remain well-positioned for decades to come. Through our leadership and participation in leading industry organizations such as the Institute for Real Estate Management (IREM) and the New England Affordable Housing Management Association (NEAHMA) The Simon Companies takes advantage of current best practices and stays abreast of ever-changing industry trends.
Our passion for building, owning, and operating best-of-class assets is the basis for The Simon Companies’ Commitment to Excellence. With uncommonly strong fundamentals, an oversized industry presence, and a dedication to productive partnerships, we have created a strength that endures.
- We evaluate potential acquisitions based upon market position, revenue management, and cost efficiencies.
- We focus on secondary and tertiary markets maximizing investment potential.
- We facilitate quick closings to take advantage of market conditions and seller objectives.
- We fund deals from one or more sources, including our own capital, private investors, and respected lenders.
- We employ an established network of consultants and industry contacts.
- We conceive, design, and build from the ground up.
- We renovate, reposition, and revitalize underperforming assets.
- We upgrade existing communities through constant modernization and cosmetic improvements.
- We employ thoughtful and quality workmanship that results in minimizing operational expenses in the long-term. We maximize legal resources that adeptly navigate government process and forge alliances.
- We craft management plans that leverage an asset’s innate strengths while catering to investor objectives.
- We build upon a highly trained and credentialed staff from the executive level to the site level.
- We are trained and honored with staff designations from IREM (CPM, ARM, ACoM), NEAHMA, and NCHM.
- We install site-based management teams built on the concepts of competence and passion for one’s work.
- We employ state-of-the-art technology in our management platforms that are comprehensive and forward-looking.
The Simon Companies is proud to be an Accredited Management Organization (AMO)® with the Institute of Real Estate Management (IREM). The majority of Senior Site Staff hold designations and certifications through IREM, the National Center for Affordable Housing Management, and the National Center for Housing Management. This involvement allows our team to serve and maintain a distinctive advantage in the areas of corporate identity, new legislation and case law, industry practices, green initiatives, and technological advances.
Members for the Senior Executive Team are active members and past or present leaders of local, state, national, and international real estate organizations. Our Senior Staff has held numerous positions of Leadership which include:
- Christopher E. Mellen, CPM, ARM: 2016 International President for the Institute for Real Estate Management
- Warren Lizio, CPM, ARM: 2020 President of IREM Boston Chapter 4
- John Parda, CPM, ARM, COS
Moreover, greater than 90% of our Senior Site Staff have earned Professional Designations and are also involved in on-going education on best practices, operations analysis, team building, and more.
The Simon Companies and its employees have been recognized over the years with numerous awards and accolades by many organizations including:
- Institute of Real Estate Management (IREM) – Boston and Rhode Island Chapters
- Massachusetts Housing Finance Agency (MassHousing)
- Rhode Island Housing Finance Agency (Rhode Island Housing)
- New Hampshire Housing Finance Agency (New Hampshire Housing)
- U.S Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD)
- New England Affordable Housing Management Association (NEAHMA)
- B’nai B’rith Housing New England